SM Investments Corp Chairman Jose Sio
- "First rule, I should accept that you and I are different persons. Therefore I should not expect you to behave the way I want you to behave. At the same time, if you accept that, then you can go anywhere, meet anybody without any problems."
- "Second, in anything that I do, I should do the best that I can. Because good is not good enough. If you follow this, then over time, you will be ahead of the rest."
- "Third, we should accept that life is a series of struggles. Today we’re here. Mamaya we do not know what will happen. So we should be ready. If you accept this, then it is easier for you to face the problems. You can accept the challenges of life. The question is, how do you manage when that time comes? Problems come in your life.Managing it is the key."
- "Fourth, I should be happy. Happiness prolongs your life. Your inside mechanism should run smoothly. If you’re happy you also produce better results. Question there is, how do you define happiness? Is it money? Yes. But then money can only provide you food, clothing, shelter. Beyond that money is just like anything. We are just custodians while on this earth. What makes us happy? Is it power, fame? Yes. But we have limited time. We should be happy with what we are and what we have just like the Dalai Lama."
- "Fifth. Love your God. Bottomline, there is somebody out there. Question is how do you love your God? To me it's prayer. How do you pray? It's an act of faith. To me true prayer is your personal conversation with God. Everyday. Thank Him for all blessings, tell him your problems, ask for guidance, because at the end of the day, His will be done."